Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thankful Thursday #2: Lilacs

Thankful Thursday: Lilacs

What are you thankful for this week? As usual, I am thankful for many, many things. One of my favorite things about spring time in Colorado is all of the blooming flowers! And our lilacs are blooming right now! They are just gorgeous in color and smell divine! I love walking under them (they are near a gate between the back yard and side yard) and just smelling, sniffing as I walk slowly!

I thought you might enjoy these pics my daughter took of them! You can almost smell them too, can't you?
 We have three varieties-- purple, light purple and white. Some of them look pink to me too!





I think God enjoyed creating the wide variety of flowers, don't you? And remember, He cares for you more than He cares for His flowers and they are clothed in splendor!


Matthew 6:28
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.

Luke 12:27
“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...