Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: Mother's Day 2013

I had a lovely Mother's Day here at home with my family. There was jewelry and a pretty blue candle holder that I got at breakfast before church. 


After church, Daddy made pancakes and I read the paper on the couch. I napped while hubby napped a little and then he prepared dessert and dinner. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law got sick and was unable to attend our backyard BBQ, and one of my nieces got sick too. :( Even though our celebration was considerably smaller than planned, we still enjoyed my parents here.

Here are some pics of me with my precious kids, enjoy!
 My sweet Bethany


 My beautiful Rebekah (inside and out)
My joyful Mallory
My handsome son
 My hunky hubby and me :-D

Dinner was grilled beer brats, salads, chips and soda. Dessert was homemade strawberry shortcake. Thanks to my Dad for cutting all the strawberries and for buying the salads and whip cream. It was delicious!
I felt loved and spoiled all day!

Oh, and my hubby gave me a clematis plant for our backyard, which we planted! Can't wait to see it's pretty purple flowers soon!

Happy belated Mother's Day! I hope all of the moms were spoiled by their families today. 
Remember, God ordained you to be the mother of your children! WOW!


Proverbs 31:10, 27-28 
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:

Ephesians 5:31
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."

1 Thessalonians 2:7-8
 Instead, we were like young children among you. Just as a nursing mother cares for her children, so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...