Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Works for Me Wednesday: Frugal dish soap dispenser!

I am not a huge fan of doing dishes, but in a busy home with four kids, we definitely do our share of them! I share the dish duties with my hubby and oldest daughter, which makes it easier. My son will wash sometimes too, but he is still learning the techniques.

Several years ago, I read about a way to dispense dish soap that allows less soap into the water, therefore saving money. It was to use a olive oil glass bottle, with a lid type that drips the soap out. The lid is metal. You can see it in the picture below:

 Can you see the soap dripping from the bottle?
I know it saves only a little bit of money, but if I can buy dish soap less, every bit helps! I tend to buy soap about once every nine months to a year! I used to use Dawn, but I've found that Palmolive is cheaper and works just as well. 

I found my bottle at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've seen them in other stores too, for about $10. (You can see a selection on Amazon.com here.) I had a prettier one before, but I broke it during my clumsy stage of pregnancy with one of my girls. Was that ever a mess!

Let me know if you try it, it works for me!



2 Kings 5:13
Naaman’s servants went to him and said, “My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you, ‘Wash and be cleansed’!”

Psalm 51:2
Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

Ephesians 5:25-27
 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...