Friday, August 16, 2013

Blueberry Buckle recipe

This is a wonderful recipe that I've had for many years and have not made very often.  The blueberries were on sale at the grocery store this week, so I dug out the recipe and made it on Saturday morning. It was just delicious (and eaten all up)! I hope you will make it and enjoy it too!

Blueberry Buckle
(recipe from a family friend)

Mix together: 3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup soft shortening (I used butter and it was good!)
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Blend in carefully: 2 cups well-drained blueberries. Put mixture into greased & floured pie plate or 8 X 8" dish. It will be thick!
Mixing in the berries...
Crumb mixture:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup softened butter

Mix together with fingers and sprinkle over cake mixture. 
Ready to go in the oven...

Bake at  375 degrees for 45-50 minutes. 
Enjoy!

*This is like a coffee or breakfast cake.
**My sister-in-law shared this recipe on her blog here.


Let me know if you make it, I'd love to hear your review!

John 21:12
Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast.” None of the disciples dared ask him, “Who are you?” They knew it was the Lord.

Leviticus 26:4
I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit.

Psalm 72:3
May the mountains bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...