Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lunch menu questions

As a homeschool mom, I get to have my kids home for lunch with me each day. I do enjoy that, but the kids always want to have a sweet when they are done. I found myself asking them each the same questions about what they ate for lunch every day. I am trying to teach them to eat a balanced, healthy meal instead of only carbs every day.

Then I had an idea, "Why don't I make a printable for it?" I looked around online and found nothing like what I wanted. So I made my own, this is what it looks like:


FOR LUNCH, DID YOU HAVE...

PROTEIN? (sandwich, nuggets, meat, peanut butter)

FRUIT? (apple, orange, grapes, raisins, banana) 
OR Veggie?(carrots, snap peas)

DAIRY? (yogurt, cheese, milk)

GRAIN? (bread, chips, crackers, macaroni)


I added some graphics I found online for each item to place on the left side as an example, especially for my preschooler. I then laminated the sign for durability. I like this fridge sign because I can point them to that, and they are learning what they need to eat. Now most days they tell me, "I ate everything I needed to" before asking for a sweet. Some days we don't have sweets around. But when they eat well and ask nicely, I don't mind giving them a little something. My son Caleb actually told me, "That's such a great idea, Mom!" Thanks, son, thanks!

Try it-- you might just like it in your home, too!


Genesis 4:3-4
In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering,

John 6:33-35
For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

“Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...