Friday, September 27, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Many years ago, before my kids were too big, I met a friend at church who sold Tupperware. I went to several of her parties, and she always gave these nice tip sheets/ recipes out. Being the young wife and cook that I was, I stashed them away and have used them often!

One of the recipes was for taco seasoning mix. It is very handy to make it in a larger amount and just use as needed. I usually just add a little bit of each ingredient to the browned ground beef, and it tastes great! The kids can tell when my hubby seasons the meat, he adds more seasonings than I do! :-D


Here is Lucy's recipe:

Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup dried onions
2 1/2 Tbsp cumin
2 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
2 1/2 Tbsp dried red pepper
2 1/2 Tbsp dried minced garlic

Combine and store in Tupperware container. Add  1 1/2 Tbsp to one lb. browned hamburger. Mix and finish browning. Stuff into taco shells or burritos and garnish. Enjoy!



Numbers 11:5
We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost—also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic.


Matthew 5:13-16
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."


Colossians 4:6
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...