Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: A weekend away!

(Well, almost wordless!) Didn't get this published yesterday-- oops!
 I had a lovely weekend away with our church's ladies retreat. We went to this beautiful mountain villa several hours from my hometown. The villa was all stone and wood, very comfortable furnishings, lots of nooks and amenities. They even had a racquetball court indoors, as well as a large hot tub (aka Roman bath) and a workout room.

 Such gorgeous views right out the front door!
 Our group of nearly 50 women! (ages 18-80?!)
 I loved these pretty crosses on both sides of the stairwell in our villa.

One of our Bible study presenters shared a devotion using these verses in Romans 5. It was very candid and meaningful! We enjoyed celebrating and learning more about God's extravagant grace!


 We were thankful to have our own bathroom, as I roomed with three other gals, who were all homeschool moms like me! The food was delicious, we had lots of chocolate, and lots of time to chat and shop. I came home missing my family and refreshed for another busy week!



Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


Acts 20:32
“Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.


Romans 6:14
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...