Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Craft: Miche Bag elastic

I own several Miche bag shells for my classic handbag. They attach to the handbag sides with magnets. While the overall idea works well, I've had several of my shells detach because I catch the top edge of the shell and it falls off. Well, I have a fix for that!

Supplies: 5 inches (or a little less) of black 3/4" or 1" elastic for each side, black thread, a needle and scissors. 
I trimmed this piece while sewing it on after I cut it!
Directions: Put your elastic about 1/2" away from the edge of the top and side of the bag. You want to be sure that the magnet still works on the top corner of the bag. 
Sew the elastic on the bag, being careful to only go through the top layer of the liner fabric. Hand stitch the elastic on one side, then the other of the Miche shell.
 Done with one of the edges...

 You'll sew one of these onto both sides of your Miche shell, and put the snap around the elastic, to secure it even more. (This shell was actually sewn on a little too far in, but you get the overall idea!)

Voila! The shell is fixed and should not come off so easily from the handbag! Enjoy!

Genesis 43:11
Then their father Israel said to them, “If it must be, then do this: Put some of the best products of the land in your bags and take them down to the man as a gift—a little balm and a little honey, some spices and myrrh, some pistachio nuts and almonds.

1 Samuel 17:49
Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.

Job 14:17
My offenses will be sealed up in a bag; you will cover over my sin.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I've had the same problem with my Miche shells, and will try this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...