Thursday, February 13, 2014

American Girl class: Caroline Week 4

What a fantastic class we had discussing Caroline! This week in American Girl class, we discussed book four in the series, Caroline Takes A Chance. After we discussed the book, we began our crafts.

For our craft, we made paper dolls, and we also practiced penmanship. I had a hard time finding printable dolls that I liked. Everything I found online was too adult, or too babyish. I know there are Caroline's paper dolls in a book, and I looked for that too. I didn't find it, but I did find some girl doll paper shapes, and those worked just fine.

I then traced the doll on card stock to make a dress. I also cut pieces into a skirt and a top, each with tabs to help them stay on the doll. I had a short-sleeve dress too. Then for the dolls, I gave each of  the girls four pieces of 6 X 6" scrapbook paper. The girls traced the dress and dress parts on the back (double-sided paper would have been better...) and cut them out. They had lots of fun making headbands, belts, etc., out of the paper scraps. I had to stop them or they would have kept creating!


We had mini cinnamon rolls for snack. I found an easy recipe here. We also had peppermint tea to drink. The girls LOVED them!
 For the penmanship page, I used a handwriting font on my computer and made a page with these sentences: "Caroline Abbott lived in Sackets Harbor, New York in 1812. Her father was taken prisoner by the British, and her mother ran the family shipyard. Caroline's friends were her cousin Lydia and Rhonda."
 Writing practice...
 The 2:00 class busy creating...


 Showing off her doll...
 Yummy snack was eaten up quickly!
 Penmanship practice...

Looking forward to more Caroline class fun next week!

2 John 1:12
I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.

Proverbs 10:27
The fear of the Lord adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.

Mark 13:20
“If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...