Friday, February 14, 2014

Recipe: Ham & Cheese Sliders

Over Christmas, my mom made ham& cheese sliders from a Pinterest recipe. They were wonderful, even though I helped make them! :-D  They were devoured by the family, and I've wanted to make them ever since. I had thought about making them for the SuperBowl, but we planned other meals instead. When we were at Sam's Club, I found a large package of Hawaiian dinner rolls. They fit perfectly in my 9 X 13" pan!

Here is the link for the recipe. I have added the recipe here, but it is not my own.

Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders
1 pkg. Hawaiian Rolls, split entire pan of rolls length-wise (don't separate rolls)
18 slices (approx) Your favorite deli ham, shaved
8 slices (approx) your favorite cheese,sliced,  Swiss, cheddar, Colby jack, or pepper jack
5 TbspButter
1/2 tsp. onion or garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Mustard (I used hot and sweet mustard)
3 packed tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
Poppy seeds

Keep in mind, as you assemble to treat it as one big sandwich.  Once you slice the whole pkg. of rolls in half lengthwise (without breaking them apart), lay the bottom half in a preferably 8x11 in. pan, (9x13 works too) and evenly pile ham and cheese all over.  Top with the other half of the rolls.

Prepare sauce by heating in a small pan, the butter, sugar, Worchestershire, mustard, onion or garlic powder, and salt.  Whisk just until it's all smooth and melted.

Evenly drizzle the butter glaze all over the sandwich. Use a knife to spread evenly, if need be.  Sprinkle generously with poppy seeds.

Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer.  I like the cheese to be gooey and the tops slightly toasted.  Pull each little slider apart to serve. Serve warm and enjoy with fresh veggies and chips!

Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your review!

Genesis 6:21
You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

Ruth 1:6
[ Naomi and Ruth Return to Bethlehem ] When Naomi heard in Moab that the Lord had come to the aid of his people by providing food for them, she and her daughters-in-law prepared to return home from there.

Psalm 104:27
All creatures look to you to give them their food at the proper time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...