Thursday, May 29, 2014

New glasses!

Recently, I got my eyes examined. Before I left, I pulled out the "Vision" file from our file cabinet, and found my four-year-old prescription. I had no idea it had been that long! (Actually almost 4 and 1/2!) I felt like my glasses were not as good as they should be. After the exam, it revealed that I did indeed need a new pair. It's a good thing since my old pair was very scratched!

Last year, a friend had told us about Zenni Optical. It is a great place online were you can get inexpensive glasses. So my hubby tried it, after getting his eyes checked. You just plug in the prescription, measure a few things, try on glasses (on your facial screen shot) and decide which to order! My hubby loves the glasses and sunglasses that he ordered. Anyway, I decided to try it this year as finances allowed.

Old frames...

I decided to get progressive lenses, because I need correction for seeing far away (I am near sighted.) My left eye is so much worse! The glasses progress from being corrected, into just clear on the bottom-- so I can read and it won't be blurry. To allow for the progressives, I had to go with a slightly larger lens type. All of the ones that I liked online were purple. So I figured, why not?! Sounds like fun to have a color instead of just boring brown or metallic.

Zenni optical offers a wide variety of frames beginning at $6.95. They include how-to videos to help you figure out just what you need to measure. They ship the glasses in a bubble envelope, with the glasses in a sturdy case (mine is teal green) and a free cleaning cloth. The cloth has a pretty, peaceful scene on it!
New frames!!
Showing the side detail...

Glasses all alone
 I have to wear them a lot to get used to them. I have been wearing them almost all day. With my other glasses, I took them off when I got home. I need them for driving and seeing across a long room, like in church. So it has been really different wearing them for such a long period. But they are nice! They have side-spring hinges on them too. The best part for me is that they only cost $45 with shipping! WOW! In the eyeglass store I would have paid over $150 for the same pair! (the frame was only $19!)

Be sure to check out Zenni Optical next time you need glasses too!


Isaiah 11:2-3
The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of might,
the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord—
and he will delight in the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
or decide by what he hears with his ears;

Malachi 1:5
You will see it with your own eyes and say, ‘Great is the Lord—even beyond the borders of Israel!’

Matthew 13:15
For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed theireyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous with your new glasses. They really frame the shape of your face, perfectly. I love the metallic purple color. Kudos to you for picking the perfect pair for you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! All the best to you!

    Doris Gibbs @ Moody Eyes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...