Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Patriotic garland DIY

Last week I made a patriotic bunting garland. I chose three main colors (red, white and blue, of course) and cut the fabric into 11" by 1 1/2" strips. I trimmed ribbon the same length to use in the bunting as well. I cut about 25 or 26 pieces of each color.
After I had the fabric ready, I trimmed the jute cord to the length I wanted, approx. 2 yards. I left a length of about 12' at the end of the jute before I began tying the fabric onto it. I did single knots, but you could do double knots to make it more durable (if hanging in wind, or for a long time).
I just kept tying the fabric onto the jute in my own pattern (red, blue, white, red, blue, white...)
Here is the completed bunting:
I made two, one is hanging in our kitchen...
and another is in our front window!
It was fun, easy and quick. I finished each one in about 30-40 minutes. It is a great project to do while watching TV or a movie, since it is just tying! It was inexpensive too- since I used fabric and ribbon that I already had in my fabric stash at home. We made similar garlands in MOPS this Spring, and I really enjoyed it!

Let me know if you make one, I'd love to hear about it...



Exodus 36:35
They made the curtain of blue, purple and scarlet yarn and finely twisted linen, with cherubim woven into it by a skilled worker.

Exodus 39:8
They fashioned the breastpiece—the work of a skilled craftsman. They made it like the ephod: of gold, and of blue, purple and scarlet yarn, and of finely twisted linen.

1 Chronicles 28:21
The divisions of the priests and Levites are ready for all the work on the temple of God, and every willing person skilled in anycraft will help you in all the work. The officials and all the people will obey your every command.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...