Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer Crafts

We have been busy this summer with baseball, swim lessons, family visits and more. But summer is one of my favorite times for crafting! Since we don't homeschool in the summer, I usually have a little more time to craft. I love to craft and be creative!
 This is the same wreath that we made at MOPS this past year. I found some fun garland at a sale after the 4th of July and added it to the ribbon. I love it!
 I found this clay cross at Michael's and painted it. I tried to match the colors of our house. It is simple, but I like it. I did glue some felt to the back, so hopefully it won't break when it gets windy.

 This past Monday, we went to Michael's because they had their t-shirts on sale this week. (3 for $9) We made Bethany and Caleb's to be "lego" shirts, from this Pinterest idea. They are kinda fun. We like to decorate shirts during the summer! (I think they were trying to be lego guys...)
Mallory decided that she wanted a purple shirt made into a dress. We got this idea from Family Fun magazine. We trimmed it into an A type of dress, sewed the side seams and she has a new dress! We stamped the pink flowers on it too.
Another Pinterest idea that I liked was the pen holder bookmark. Mine did not turn out perfect, and I may need to do it again, but I learned a bit while I did it! It will be nice to have a pen attached to my journal now! It was pretty easy to make, and only took me about 1/2 hour.

What about you? Have you done any crafts this summer? I'd love to hear about them!


Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.

Acts 5:30
The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead—whom you killed by hanging him on a cross.

1 Timothy 2:9-10
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...