Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Color Dash!

This past weekend I did something I've never done... compete in a 5K! Ok, well it wasn't really a competition... and I didn't run, I walked almost the whole way. But it was a great experience!

I'm not into exercise a lot... my parents both try NOT to sweat as much as they can. I grew up that way somewhat too... but I did sweat during this race! It felt good to exert myself and meet the goal of completing the race.
This race was called the Color Dash, and it was fun because race officials threw colored powder on us as we ran/ walked by. They gave us temporary tattoos, and my 7-year-old saw it and saw, "Mom, nice ink!' (Where did she hear that?! I really don't know...)
 This is my hubby and me after we arrived to the race, in our nice, new, clean shirts...
More pre-race pics... after we threw powder on each other, and a few others did too...

 The race began, and we had to do two laps around the park...
 I followed this fireman for a while... I kept thinking that I was glad that I didn't have to wear all that gear... he must've been really sweating!
 Here's me during the race... proof I really did it...
It's hard to see in this picture, but there are tiny runners WAY on the other side of the park!

 Post-race pictures... my hubby showing the powder on his arms...
 After everyone had completed the race, they had a color explosion where everyone threw their remaining color... I didn't like that part... (cough, cough...)

 My hubby got this cool pic during the color explosion...

On the way home, reflecting on it all... so happy that I finished! I did it! What a great accomplishment for little ole me!



Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. 

1 Corinthians 9:24
[ The Need for Self-Discipline ] Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Hebrews 12:1-3
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross,scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! I didn't even know about this race! How do I get 'in the loop'?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...