Thursday, August 21, 2014

Command center update!

This summer has been very full of organizing! It is one of my favorite things to do, and I like the rewarding feeling of a new look, something old gone, and the accomplished feeling that comes with organizing. This summer I have gotten rid of many cookbooks (I just don't USE them!), reorganized my recipe box/ pared it down, reorganized some cupboards and more. 

One of the main areas that I reorganized is our calendar/ command center. I had the wall calendar on the side of a cabinet before, and I moved it next to the fridge. It is easier to see for everyone in the family. 
Some of my more diligent readers may remember that in the beginning of 2013, I posted about getting rid of my calendar planner. It was then that a found a week at a glance calendar that I liked. (link found in that post). I used the same week at a glance planner and printed it onto a magnet sheet! Now it is on my fridge instead of on the table near my chair at the kitchen table.

On Pinterest I found this pin and printed the magnets that are included. She had many that we will use, and some we will not (vet for animals, gymnastics, tennis match, etc.,) but many that we will use-- play date, family event, special event, girls' night, doctor appointment, dentist appointment and birthday party. She even had a page with some blank labels. I printed those on magnetic sheets as well, and wrote some of my own to customize it (baseball game/ practice, and other events we do often.) I stamped the date numbers onto magnets and trimmed them. So below is my new weekly calendar! (I have another one for the school year.) I have a small mints box on top of the refrigerator with the extra magnets in it.
After visiting our family's home on our recent trip, they had a magnetic pen/ pencil holder. I found one in the school supply aisle (along with locker curtains, a locker disco ball and a locker chandelier...???!) It had a mirror on the front which I took out. It has a spot in the back, behind the pens for other things. I placed a party invitation in there. I also clipped other cards and library book receipts onto magnetic clips nearby the calendar. 
I love it! It will be fun to have a new, freshly organized space for my command center!

What about you? Do you have a 'command center', where you keep important things? I'd love to hear all about it!


1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.


1 Corinthians 14:40
"But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...