Thursday, September 11, 2014

Marie-Grace & Cecile- Week 2

We had another great American Girl class this week! We discussed the second book in the series, Meet Cecile. We also discussed slaves vs people of color, using some of the pages in the back of the book.

We also watched a video of the Virginia Reel, which you can find online here. I forgot my iPad, so we watched it on my phone, which was harder to see.

Snack was French Toast with peach compote, you can find the recipe here.

Our craft this week was to make fairy wings. I found an idea page online here, and I followed that, but it turned out to be a flop. I didn't find wire that was sturdy enough to stretch the tights. Then for the 2:00 class, I had the idea to use wire clothes hangers. I had my hubby bring me some, and her even undid the wire so they would be ready to make into wings. My assistant and I had a very hard time bending the hangers without a pliers. I should have tried this craft at home beforehand, and I regret that I didn't do it. I cut the tip of my thumb while trying to bend the hanger wire. It was a bummer of a craft. The first classes' wings looked more like bunny ears!

Oops! I guess I am entitled to have a craft go bad every once in a while. It seemed so easy in my mind. I know the girls were disappointed and I was too!

 Our snack...
 Posing with her wings... this girl got the most done, with even getting to decorate them!

 The 2:00 class working on their wings...
I didn't get many pictures today because it was an "all hands on deck" kind of craft. Our hands were busy helping the girls the whole class time! So, all around it was a bummer day. :-(  Sorry girls and moms! I think (HOPE!) next week will be better!



Exodus 19:4
‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.

Exodus 25:20
The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover.

Psalm 61:4
I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

Psalm 63:7
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...