Monday, October 13, 2014

Teaching Revelation

A while back,  I was reading the Bible during my quiet time, going through the book of John. I read a quote from Jesus that jumped out at me... almost literally!

John 7:14 says "Jesus answered, 'My teaching is not my own, it comes from Him who sent me...'"

That really got me to thinking about how I am teaching my children. Am I teaching them what God wants them to know? Is my teaching coming from the One who sent Jesus? Wow, that is a powerful thought...

I think that there are some things that I am teaching them that God wants them to know. That is the main reason we are homeschooling, and also the reason we begin our day with prayer and Bible time.

These children of mine are a gift from God, and I really enjoy teaching them each day. Some days feel like drudgery, but most days are great. It is a privilege to be at home with them each day. I just hope that my teaching honors God, and it really is Him teaching them THROUGH me. It is an honor to be His instrument. What a joy to honor God as a parent AND a teacher of my children, not just at home, but everywhere we go!

Children are an INVESTMENT of time and energy. A lot of parents didn't realize how much time and energy before being blessed with a child (I know I didn't!). Some days they don't seem like blessings, but I know God isn't finished with them yet, and He is working in THEM daily just as He is working in me. I treasure my quiet time with me so hopefully He will whisper to me and guide me. It is a privilege to pray for them as they learn and grow to honor God. I hope you are taking time each day to pray for your children. It is so important to place them before God's throne so He will continue His work. I look forward to joining in His work each day and seeing what He has in store for ALL of us to learn!

What do you think? Have you thought about teaching this way? I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments!



Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

Proverbs 22:6
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...