Friday, January 2, 2015

Monster cookies recipe

I've looked for a good monster cookie recipe for a while. I had a few recipes that I've tried in different cookbooks that I own, but they were not what I wanted. So this year I turned to allrecipes.com. Why do I need a cookbook? There are tons of recipes online, and allrecipes.com is one of my favorite recipe websites.

The monster cookie recipe that I found has chocolate chips, m-n-m's, peanut butter and oatmeal in it. I was amazed that there is NO flour in this recipe! They turned out great, and the kids asked to make them again, which is always a good sign! My youngest daughter proclaimed them as her favorite cookie!

You can find this recipe online here.


Monster Cookies

Original recipe makes 6 - 7 dozen

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon corn syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup candy-coated milk chocolate pieces

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a very large bowl, beat the eggs.
Add the remaining ingredients in order, mixing well.
Use an ice cream scoop to put on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

Notes: I read the reviews, and made them a little less sweet by cutting the sugar a little bit. Also, we made them big using our Pampered Chef scoop, since the reviewers said they were not as good when small. Someone said that they liked them with butterscotch chips, but I have not tried them that way. They are good with mini chocolate chips too. We'll be making these again!

Have you made monster cookies? If so, what recipe do you like?


Genesis 43:11
Then their father Israel said to them, “If it must be, then do this: Put some of the best products of the land in your bags and take them down to the man as a gift—a little balm and a little honey, some spices and myrrh, some pistachio nuts and almonds.

Exodus 16:31
The people of Israel called the bread manna. It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey.

Leviticus 20:24
But I said to you, “You will possess their land; I will give it to you as an inheritance, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am the Lord your God, who has set you apart from the nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...