Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pinterest craft projects!

January is the perfect month for crafting! The weather is cold outside, so I am not gardening, or walking too much... and Hobby Lobby is one of my favorite places, any time of year! I've been there twice this month, and once to Jo-Ann's! :- D I hope you enjoy "seeing" my crafts, as much as I do creating them... or at least somewhat! :- D

I made this knit infinity scarf from this tutorial here. This was inspired by a scarf that my mom made me for Christmas. I like the purple, and Rebekah got one too!
 I found a flannel infinity scarf tutorial here. It is so soft and cozy, I feel like I'm under a flannel blanket all day! And it is versatile, because it has red, blue, yellow and green in it!
I really love snowmen. I have a shelf- full of snowmen decorations. I was looking around on Pinterest for some "winter" crafts, and I found the pin for this snowman wreath here. I found the wired ribbon for sale at Hobby Lobby for $2! I love finds like that! It makes me smile when I see this on my front door!
 I found this pin here. This snowman on burlap was a three-part project. First, I painted the word snow and the snowman (even using sparkly paint on top if the white!), including the face and hat. Then I found a stick in my yard and hot-glued it on. After having it hanging around for a week, I decided to add some red ribbon for a scarf and on the hat. I love it!
Painted...
...with the stick arm...
...with the scarf and hat ribbon... it's not perfect but I love it! Fun to have more snowmen decorations around the house after all of the Christmas stuff is taken down!

Now I am working on a snowman cross-stitch, another project found on Pinterest. But it will take me a few weeks! Nice to have my hands busy, and I haven't cross-stitched for a while!

Have you been crafting? I'd love to see and hear about what you've been making too!


Job 37:6
He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’

Proverbs 31:21
When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

Matthew 28:2-4
There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...