Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Kindergarten- P week #1/ Blogiversary

Today is my blog's anniversary! Five years ago today, I posted for the very first time on my blog! It's crazy to me that I have been blogging this long, but according to TimeHop, it showed today as the day! (I remembered it was in February...) You can find my very first post here. It is about the 100th day of school five years ago... and our 100th day was this past Monday. I will be blogging about that soon too! :-D Thanks for joining my journey with me!

Anyway, this has been an extra busy week with the Super Bowl, my parents coming home & seeing them again a bit (YEA!) and the kids having a Dr. app't check-up yesterday, so I am just now getting to this post-- on Wednesday late afternoon!  I hope you will still enjoy the pictures of our first P week which was last week! (The 2nd one + 100th day is this week!)


Last week we had another enjoyable week in homeschool, talking about all things P related... we ate peanuts, and made peanut butter, (you can find a post about that here) we made penny rubbings and shined pennies, we made a puzzle, talked about patterns, had pajama day, read books and colored a page about planets, decorated a paper to be made into a melamine plate (I've done this with all four kids in kindergarten, finally Bethany will get to have her own plate!) and we talked about pigs & piggy banks. It was great to learn along side my kindergartener about a few things!
 Here is Bethany shelling peanuts to put into our peanut butter...
 We blended it up in the blender for a few minutes, it was yummy peanut butter!
 Here is Bethany during our "Shine Your Pennies" experiment, which is found in the "Mudpies to Magnets" book.
 Here is Bethany after she finished her alphabet puzzle on her own!
She played with math blocks on the pattern pages to make different animals. She liked the turtle! 
I'll blog more about our next P week next week... it's been delightful too!


This is not about peanuts, but the Bible does talk about pistachio nuts! This is Jacob/ Israel talking to his sons before going back to visit Joseph, their brother...

Genesis 43:11
Then their father Israel said to them, “If it must be, then do this: Put some of the best products of the land in your bags and take them down to the man as a gift—a little balm and a little honey, some spices and myrrh, some pistachio nuts and almonds.

This is not about pennies, but two copper coins...

Luke 21:1-3
As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2 He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3 “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others.

Exodus 28:35-37
Aaron must wear it when he ministers. The sound of the bells will be heard when he enters the Holy Place before the Lordand when he comes out, so that he will not die.

“Make a plate of pure gold and engrave on it as on a seal: holy to the Lord. Fasten a blue cord to it to attach it to the turban; it is to be on the front of the turban.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...