Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Kindergarten: R Week

Last week in homeschool Kindergarten, we talked about all things R-- rocks, raccoons, rain/ rain cycle, rainbows, raisins, rabbits, made a red collage, discussed rectangles, recycling, counted letters in our names (our oldest daughter is Rebekah), and other R animals- rats, rhinocerous, roosters and reindeer. It was another very enjoyable week!
Showing me her raccoon puppet...
Making "clouds" on the table with shaving cream...
Her half-paper plate torn paper rainbow...
Our science experiment using raisins, water, vinegar and baking soda. They were waiting to see the raisins float and "dance". It was pretty cool! This was from the Mudpies to Magnets book. I blogged about this book once and you can find it here.

I sure enjoy seeing my kids learn at home! Next we will have TWO S weeks, since there are so many things to learn about that begin with S.

Some Bible verses about rain and rainbows...
Genesis 7:17-18
For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water

Genesis 9:13-15
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...