Thursday, April 16, 2015

American Girl class: Samantha week 4 (time #2)

We had a delightful class in American Girls this week! We talked about Samantha's birthday story, book #4, and had fun talking about Victorian weddings, and how important letter writing was back in the early 1900's. We talked about penmanship, how they would have used ink and a quill. You can find good info here and here.  I gave them stationary that I printed from here. We had talked about this in Felicity too, so I didn't review it too much. We did look in Welcome to Samantha's World at the pages for weddings. It was very interesting!
 Our craft was a gift for Mom. We also wrote a proper letter on stationary.  Most of the girls wrote a letter to their mom or Grandma thanking them. I didn't get to read them all, but I loved the ones that I did see! Some of the letters were pretty long (3/4 page) and some were just a few sentences. I am sure the person they are intended for will love it!
 I won't tell what the gift for Mom will be, but it was simple and easy! Most of the girls thought they would save it to give for Mother's Day next month! Since we had time left after snack, we made tissue paper snowflakes. They were pretty easy, it was a pattern that I got from Samantha's Craft Book.  Each girl made two or three snowflakes. They were all beautiful!

Snack this week was Blueberry Muffins. You can see the snack on the table. I didn't provide a recipe for them, the mom just used whatever recipe she had. They were yummy!
 Making snowflakes...


I'm sad to think that we only have two weeks of Samantha left! The semester is going by quickly! Next week we will talk about how Samantha saves the day!



Psalm 51:7
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Matthew 26:56
But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.

Luke 1:63
(Zechariah) He asked for a writing tablet, and to everyone’s astonishment he wrote, “His name is John.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...