Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kindergarten: X/Y week

We had a yellow week last week... we had fun talking about X and Y things in homeschool kindergarten! We talked about yellow, yummies, Yosemite, Yellowstone (and Old Faithful!), You, Youth, young, years, yearlings, and more! We read great books such as With You All the Way, You are Special, (read a blog post about this book here) and You are Mine, all by Max Lucado. We also read Just for You, Fox on the Box, Yankee DoodleYertle the Turtle and more.


We talked about the names of young animals, played tic-tac-toe (X's and O's), wrote the letters X and Y, did a Xylophone coloring page, looked at pictures of the Yucca plant, did shape lacing with yellow yarn, measured with a yardstick, looked at yak photos, found the yellow finch and yellow warbler and oriole in our bird book, talked about x-rays, and practiced playing with the yo-yo.

I didn't take many pictures, though, because nothing was very notable! I sure enjoy teaching my girl and watching her learn to read and grow. She is a great kid and has learned SO much this past school year!

Next week is Z week, when we talk about the Zoo, zebras, the zither and more!


Psalm 71:5
For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth.

Psalm 71:17
Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.

1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...