Monday, May 18, 2015

Summer reading 2015

I've got my summer reading cut out for me this year! My faithful blog readers will remember that I did an experiment for Lent with Jen Hatmaker's book 7. For Mother's Day my hubby gave me another book by the same author, called Interrupted. I'm looking forward to reading it!

For my birthday, my hubby also got me a book that Jen Hatmaker discusses in the book 7, called Seven Sacred Pauses. It will be a good challenging book for prayer, to be sure!
 A few months ago, I decided to buy Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson. I read the companion book Bringing Up Boys several years ago when Caleb was younger. Since I have three girls, I think it will be a good book for me to read!
I'm sure I'll read a few novels that I own too, for a change from these "intellectual", thought-provoking books. I'll read magazines too!

What about you? What's on your stack to read this summer? I'd love to read your comments!


Exodus 24:7
Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, “We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.”

2 Kings 23:2
He went up to the temple of the Lord with the people of Judah, the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the priests and the prophets—all the people from the least to the greatest. He read in their hearing all the words of the Book of the Covenant, which had been found in the temple of the Lord.

John 20:30
[ The Purpose of John’s Gospel ] Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...