Friday, April 21, 2017

New banana bread recipe

This recipe is from our church cookbook. My oldest daughter made it for us a few months ago, and it is a huge hit in our house. It is usually gone within 24 hours of making it! The recipe was submitted by four different people, and the note on the bottom says it must be good, and it is delicious!
 I've made it several times, and we had it for brunch on Easter with fried eggs, so yummy!

Here is the recipe:
Banana bread

5 medium, over-ripe bananas
3 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup hot water
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup nuts, chopped (I've used walnuts)

Put bananas, soda and water in blender and run for 5 minutes or more until thickened. In large bowl, beat eggs; add sugar, butter and vanilla. Add flour alternately with banana mixture to egg mixture. Add nuts. Pour into well-greased large bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.

*I've also floured the pan and it turned out better.

The last time I made it, I noticed that there are no spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice. It is still delicious, and doesn't need anything else added!

I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know your review!


Leviticus 24:5
“Take the finest flour and bake twelve loaves of bread, using two-tenths of an ephah for each loaf.

1 Kings 19:6
He looked around, and there by his head was some bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again.

John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...