Thursday, September 7, 2017

Sprinkler system install

One of our goals for this summer was to put in a sprinkler system in our front and back yards. We have had hoses and sprinklers placed in the yard in a good system for the past 7 years, but we just wanted something automatic and easier to use. It was quite a process!

We had one of our trees trimmed in May (it really needed it!). One of the first steps we had to do was to chip all of the branches into pieces to use around the garden. We were eager to get rid of the pile since there were many fires happening in our town. My hubby and I rented a chipper and we chipped up our pile of branches in under 4 hours.
Our next chore was to dig up some square bricks that were in our side yard...

 We moved them into the backyard for a fire pit pad...
 

 Then we rented a trencher and began digging trenches!
 I dug this HUGE rock out of our yard... there were many, many smaller ones...
 Our neighbor loaned us angry machine #3... an electric jackhammer! There were several concrete footers in the yard since there was a pool in our backyard at one point... I think we broke up 6 or 8 of them!

 There were lots of tree roots nearest this tree, and we used our pressure washer to spray out and around the roots, it took a bit of work! There was lots of tree roots in the front yard too.

 We dug out two spaces for the valve boxes...
 Then we finally started laying pipe! It was nice to get to that point!

 The "freak show" as Joshua called it... our messy front yard... we got the back yard done first!
 Around the valve box in the front yard, we decided to put in a valve near there so I could water plants from a hose...
This is a video of the system showing the beginning of the system to how it went into the yard... (30 seconds or so)

 And the water is flying! So exciting to test it out! Then we had to bury all of the lines...
This is the front valve box all buried and showing the valve with the hose I can water from...
Our reward was to have a fire in the backyard and have s'mores again, since we did not do that too often this summer. It felt so good to sit and relax! We love hearing the sprinklers go off and on automatically! A huge thanks to my hubby and kids that helped SO much with this BIG project! 


Deuteronomy 33:13
About Joseph he said: “May the Lord bless his land with the precious dew from heaven above and with the deep waters that lie below;

Psalm 63:1
 [ A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah. ] You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched landwhere there is no water.

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...