Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Spring break home renovation

Several weeks ago, on our spring break, we decided to repaint our living/ front room. We knew it needed repainting badly, and we are so happy with the results! The biggest part of the job was moving the furniture and BOOKS, lots of books, out of the room so we could paint it.

 These are the before pictures of the arrangement and the paint color...
 This was after we completed the first walls and corner, and put some furniture back in this new arrangement...
 These are the main paint colors that we chose for the other two walls...
 At first the red looked really drastic and a little bold, but as we painted more, the more we liked it...
After we cut in around the edges...
 Here I am rolling the bold red wall!
 We did a majority of the work on the weekend, and my hubby's day off. The kids helped some, especially our 11-year-old! It took three coats of the red paint!
When I was moving a bookcase back into the room, I got a large sliver in my right hand. It was tough to get it out! OUCH!

My hubby downloaded an app that helped us with furniture placement. This helped us rearrange the room, which we never would have thought we could do! 

After we moved all of the furniture back in, we took some time off to do "fun" things on Spring Break, such as go to the local pool, complete a puzzle and go to paint pottery. It was fun and relaxing after all of that work!

Here is the final result, and we are really pleased with the difference!
 The gray and wood coffee table in the room is new too!
 I liked going through most of the books and folders and getting rid of things too!

After we got all of the work done, my hubby said he is leaving town for Spring Break next year, so he won't have to do any painting work! ;-D It is the 2nd Spring Break in a row that we have worked on a room in our downstairs... maybe this summer I'll paint the family room or our bedroom!

What is your favorite part of our "new" room? 



Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Revelation 21:5
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...