Tuesday, June 19, 2018

VBS Game On! decorations 2018

Our theme this year from Lifeway's VBS was Game On! The decorations book had some great ideas, and a fewer, easy-to-do things than other years. I planned three decorating nights at our church in May, and I really appreciated the help that I got from church members! It made the job sooo much easier on me! Everything turned out wonderfully, I was very pleased!
We have a "ticket booth" that our Ladies' Committee uses to sell tickets for their events, and they let me use it for VBS. I wanted it to look like a more authentic ticket booth, so my daughter used a large sponge (found at Walmart) to paint butcher paper with maroon paint, to look like bricks. It turned out very well!
My son and daughter transformed a round, white vinyl tablecloth into a baseball to hang on a wall, using tape and crepe paper streamers.
Two ladies helped me paint this frame to use in crafts, as a sports card frame for pictures.
I made one poster on pasteboard, and a friend made others...
Several church ladies also made tenants with poster board and Sharpies...

I needed a green background to go behind the picture frame. I couldn't find any grassy green tablecloths, bath mats or beach towels, so we I grabbed green fabric and a college kid put tape on it to look like a soccer field!
My hubby and son helped me make a "tailgate" for our food missions...
Several 11 and 12 year old girls made jerseys to hang around, and an older gal painted these tires for the tailgate...
Another gal painted and designed these lockers for me, they looked perfect!
This was a Pinterest idea, and I loved how it turned out!
I painted this board for the ticket stand top...
 We decorated our church auditorium with black silhouettes and nearby school colors under them. The basketball and baseball were on this side. Those are the group signs for the different ages we have (Pre-K, 2nd-3rd grade, on other side was K-1 and 4th-6th grades.)
 Our "concessions" stand complete with banner overhead, popcorn containers and the menu...
 I ordered this great stadium (upper/lower) background from Amazon, and it looked sooo cool! It pulled everything together!
 I had a balls, bats, hockey sticks & puck display on a green tablecloth on our organ....
 The "tailgate" set up with pompoms and a cooler inside, and a paper plate banner hung above it...
The other wall with silhouettes from other local teams... it looked so cool! The football and soccer were on this side.

I praise God for the wonderful team that I had to help me, and the whole week of VBS went extremely well. I'm glad  we made it back from our quick trip to Texas so we could help Tuesday- Friday. I love VBS week, it is so much fun!

This was our VBS verse, and part of our theme song...
2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Another related verse...
1 Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...