Monday, January 28, 2019

Make Every Day A Holiday

My mom receives Guideposts magazines each month in the mail. When she is completed reading them, she passes them on to me. I enjoy reading the stories of encouragement and hope. Recently, I read a story of a lady named Julie, who likes to find "fun" or "bizarre" days on the calendar and celebrate them, as a holiday every day.

I thought it was a nice idea. She said that she likes to put a picture and a Bible verse with the name of the funny holiday, and post it with a few hashtags, such as #makeeverydayaholiday and #thisisthedaythelordhasmade. I thought I could join her in making them a few days a week. I've done several lately, and posted them on Instagram and Facebook. I usually find the pictures on the internet somewhere, and save it. I add the verses and words using different apps, called "Retype" and "Over". I have used these apps before for pictures that I wanted to write on.

It is a fun little new thing to brighten my days in the cold of winter. The holidays range from silly to outlandish. I wonder where some of them came from... I mean who thought making a "Measure your feet" day was a grand idea? Our Bubble wrap appreciation day (today)? Most of the days have 2-4 holidays on them. There is chocolate cake day, National blueberry pancake day, Data Privacy day, and Thank a Plugin Developer day. Kinda wild, right?! It is sometimes a challenge to find a Bible verse that applies, but it is a good & godly pursuit!

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and maybe you can join me, in making every day a holiday? ;-D
 Morning sleepiness fighting day was on a Monday, which seemed fitting to me!


National Milk Day!

 Customer Service Day
 National Book Publishers Day
Come in from the cold day

Measure your feet day...

What about you? What funny or bizarre holiday do you celebrate? I'd love to hear about it!



Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the Lord has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Esther 9:28
So these days were to be remembered and celebrated throughout every generation, every family, every province and every city; and these days of Purim were not to fail from among the Jews, or their memory fade from their descendants.

2 Chronicles 30:23
Then the whole assembly decided to celebrate the feast another seven days, so they celebrated the seven days with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...