Monday, August 22, 2022

Road trip & Wedding

 A few weekends ago, my youngest daughter and I drove to Phoenix for my brother's wedding. It was just the two of us, since my son & husband needed to work, and my other teenage daughter had marching band events during that time. We missed the other 3/5 of our family a lot!!

It was a nearly 10-hour drive, and my brother had dinner ready shortly after we arrived there. We shared a wonderful AirBnB for 3 1/2 days. It was a nice place, and since it was in Chandler, outside of Phoenix, it had a pool! I think my daughter went in it every day. It was a nice way to cool off... the highest temp that we saw while we were there was 108 degrees... only about 8 degrees warmer than home.

My sister and younger brother were also in town for the wedding. We saw them at different times and enjoyed being together and catching up. My parents had originally planned to drive with us, but my Dad's health has been off for the past 6 weeks. He hasn't felt steady on his feet and didn't want to risk making a trip. We missed them too!

At the rehearsal dinner with my sisters-in-law and brothers...
My oldest brother's cat Purrcy getting a cat treat from Bethany...
My oldest brother's dog Sam loved my niece Anna! Check out that air!
Cousins playing foosball at the AirBnB...

My brother's wedding was beautiful! My new sister-in-law was gorgeous in her dress and my brother was handsome in his 3-piece suit. My oldest brother was the best man, and he wrote a great speech! We loved getting to see extended family that lives in that area too-- aunts, uncles, cousins, cousin's kids, and even a cousin's grandbaby-- he was so cute! We even saw some of my brother's longtime friends from high school, which I did not expect to see!

Best man & matron of honor...
The bride, her son, and her father...
Silly nephews & niece...
My brother, the best man lint-rolled the groom's back at the beginning...haha...

My aunt with her first GREAT grandson! Love his hair!

Same baby with his aunt & uncle (my cousin)...
My younger brother and sister...
Brothers!
My oldest brother and I!

Bethany and her cousins... who incidentally wore the same dresses!

The reception seating plan was on this frame...
My place setting... the favor box was full of Hershey's kisses!

My sister and niece at the dinner reception... food was delish!
The first dance as man and wife...

My brother giving his best man speech...
My sister and I took our traditional selfie...

My niece and nephews...
Bethany and Jakob hanging out at the reception...

The bride got the groom in the face with the cake! 😂
My cousin and I wore similar dresses to the wedding!
My brothers reenacted an old photo from their high school prom... love it!

The following evening, Bethany and I met my aunt, uncle, and cousin at In N Out Burger for dinner. We just had to go... so good!


On Monday, Bethany and I drove home... this was the best sign that we saw all day... it meant we were getting close!

It was a great weekend, so glad that we got to get together! I'm looking forward to seeing the professional pictures!



Jeremiah 2:32
Does a young woman forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number.

Matthew 25:10
“But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

Revelation 19:7
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...