Monday, March 27, 2023

New flooring!

 For the past several years, we have wanted to replace the flooring in our front living room. We had a light-colored carpet in that room, and it connected to the carpet in the dining room, which we used as a homeschool room. when we got our tax return back, we decided this was the time! We looked at Lowe's for different kinds of wood vs. laminate flooring options. We liked the laminate options since they are easier to clean and water resistant, and there were some that already had padding attached to it. The padding attached took away an extra step. Eventually, we wanted to put more of the same flooring into the hallway, entryway, bathroom, and kitchen.

How it began... tacks in the ceiling where the lights were going to go...

Two lights were done, four holes cut...
The dirty carpet... ew!

Kids helped their Daddy...love it!


My husband also decided to add canned light fixtures to the same front room. He worked on it during the week before spring break. He had a hard time, called a friend, and got it going. He ended up finishing the lighting project at midnight on Friday night. Saturday morning, at about 10:00, we began to rip out the carpet. It was really easy and took about five minutes! The padding was next and that came up almost as easily. Then we pulled out staples, cleaned up the floor, and swept. We swept up a LOT of very fine sand under it all. I swept for much of the week. It seemed to be the best way for me to help.






We then went to Lowe's and purchased 19 boxes of flooring, as well as supplies to help US put it in. We worked a little on it on Sunday. My hubby worked on Monday morning, and I hung out with my mom and sister while he worked. My Dad was in the hospital at the same time, so the flooring was providing a nice distraction. My husband took the afternoon off and Monday. His normal day off is Tuesday. He completed the first room on Monday evening, and the second room was finished on Tuesday evening. On Wednesday, we put the baseboards back on. I swept and mopped thoroughly, and then we began to move the furniture back into the room. By Saturday, everything was moved back in, including the books, files, stamps, desk supplies, and more.

Took it down to the sub flooring...


We have different woods/ stains in our home, so we chose a laminate floor that matches a variety of woods. We are really pleased with it. It will be much easier to clean. After it was all done, hubby asked me if I liked it. I said, "yes, of course! I had better!" 

It looks nice so far!
All done... furniture in, such a wonderful change!
What do you think? Have you ever replaced flooring on your own?

Mark 12:36
David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared: “‘The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet.”’

James 2:2-4
Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...