Friday, November 3, 2023

Praying for your teen's spiritual health

 As a Christian parent, I often pray for my children. At times, my prayers seem stagnant or almost insincere. I feel like I pray the same things over and over and over. So when I read something that talks about a different way to pray for my teens, and especially for their health in any way, it sparks some interest. I recently read an article by Crossway about ways to pray for your teen's spiritual health. I really appreciated the article and found it to be thought-provoking. It called me to action on behalf of my teenage daughters.

You can read the full article here: https://www.crossway.org/articles/how-to-pray-for-your-teens-spiritual-growth/


I will sum it up for you below. 

1. Pray for their salvation, and/or that they will be a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

2. Pray for gospel friendships, and for others that will follow Jesus together with your teen (1 Samuel 18:1).

3. That God would give them a growing appetite for His Word (1 Peter 2:2–3).

4. That their faith would move from their head to their heart (Psalm 42:1).

5. Pray for influential voices in between your age and theirs (Titus 2:1–6), that would speak into their lives and reinforce the truths that parents teach.

6. Pray for a growing love for the church, for fellowship with other believers (Ephesians 2:19-22).

7. That they would have the courage to live for Christ in a pagan culture, treasure Christ above all else, and not conform to the pattern of the world (Romans 12:1-2).


So parents, let's pray.


I took a few moments and wrote the above list on an index card. I like this list because I can pray for one thing each day of the week. I hope that by sharing these ideas you will join me in praying for your children each day. What a privilege that we have to bring our child before HIS throne each day!


Romans 12:1-2

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will.
1 Peter 2:2-3
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...