Friday, February 18, 2011

Popover Pizza recipe

When I got my first apartment in college, I went home and copied down some of my favorite recipes of my mom's on pastel-colored recipe cards. This was one of my favorite recipes growing up, so this was one of the recipes that I took copied down to take with me. 


I make it several times every winter and it's another family favorite! It is easy to make, and it is made with ingredients that I usually have in my home...I put this recipe in my church cookbook too, and had lots of good response from others that tried it!

Popover Pizza

1 lb Italian sausage (ground beef or turkey ok too)
1 medium onion, chopped
mushrooms (optional)
1 green pepper (or yellow, red, orange)
15 1/2 ounces spaghetti sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Put the cooked meat, onions & peppers in bottom of pan...

Top with mozzerella cheese...
Pour on egg mixture, top with parmesan cheese...


All baked and melted... looks delicious!

Serve upside down, like a pizza with dough
on bottom and meat on top!

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook sausage and vegetables until tender. Drain.
3. Stir in spaghetti sauce and oregano.
4. Pour into ungreased 13” x 9” pan. Place mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Combine flour, salt, oil, milk, and eggs in bowl.
6. Beat until smooth. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until brown.


YUM! Enjoy--Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...