Friday, September 30, 2011

Chicken, Black Beans & Salsa Crockpot recipe

This past week I got another *freebie* cookbook, which makes my frugal heart happy! We're still in the fall baseball mode, and since the weather is cooler, I don't mind grabbing the crockpot and trying out some recipes!

Here is one that I had all the parts in my house to make this week, and it was a hit!
2 pounds boneless chicken (I put frozen breasts in the crockpot on low for a few hours)
1 15 oz can black beans
1 (15 oz) jar salsa
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained (I used frozen)
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese (I used sour cream)

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker, add beans, salsa & corn.
Cook on high about 5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
Turn off slow cooker, but don't remove food. Add cream cheese to top and let it melt over the top of the food, for about 30 minutes.

Note: Shred the chicken before you reheat and use as a dip.

We served this with soft corn tortillas for dipping. We also had corn chips on the side. It would be good with rice. We really enjoyed it!

Simply delicious!

Let me know if you try it! I may be trying out a recipe for beef roast next week...

2 comments:

  1. I love that you don't have to cook the chicken first. Or even defrost it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so easy! I love my slow cooker. It is a lifesaver on those super busy days, so it is always great to find new recipes to change up my menu. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...