Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ladybug rocks

I wore red a lot this past week. Why? you ask... Well, it was L week in our kindergarten in homeschool. Ok... You know, Love= red, hearts... Christmas was starting...=Red. And we discussed ladybugs! I wore my two (yes, I own two pair) of ladybug socks. (See my post about silly socks here.)
A sample from previous kindergarteners...
One of the activities that I have done with my kindergarteners during L week, after reading books and discussing ladybugs, we go outside and find a few smooth, oval rocks. Then we get out our acrylic paints and paint them RED! After letting them dry for about an hour, we add the black details in.

As an added stressor, my almost three year old wanted to paint too. So we got out the smocks and got ready for a mess. And a MESS it was! Oh my-- no spilled paint, but it was all over the hands, table, brushes, chairs, a little on the floor, on the sinks, on the shirt under the smock... sigh. It's all cleaned up now and back to normal!

Here are some pictures of their amazing works of art:
My two-year-old painting...
My kindergartener painting...
Such diligent work requires your tongue in your cheek...
A dry red rock...
2 year old's beautiful creations...
My 5 year old's ladybug rock...

 We will use them as doorstops and paperweights around our house. And just in case you didn't believe me... here they are...
Ladybug socks! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...