Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My March Mantle

Some of you may recall that last week I posted about an Irish blessing that I had found online. In that post I also talked about putting green taper candles in white vases, as I found on another blog, you can see that post here.

(SORRY IT'S KINDA BLURRY...)
CLOSE-UP OF MY FRAMED IRISH BLESSING...
 Another decoration that she had on her blog post was the tall "Mexican" candles (for lack of a better description, sorry for the non-P.C. remark...). She took the label off of her candles and wrapped them with lace and St. Patrick's Day ribbon. I found some ribbon at the craft store recently, so I picked that up too. 
 I used the same green ribbon to wrap around the vases too. I found another white vase at Goodwill and I like the contrast it has with the green candle. I also found a little green candleholder at Goodwill and added that to my mantle/ March decorations.


 I've been enjoying the fun decos for March, it is fun to have a little something different out for this month! My Happy Spring banner is also hanging from the fireplace shelf. And one of the best parts is that it was pretty inexpensive-- I used vases, which I had, bought the candles and ribbon, and the frame, but it was probably under $8 total! I'll be able to use the glass/ lace-wrapped candles again next year!
FESTIVE AND FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...