Friday, September 14, 2012

Apple- Oatmeal Cookies

We've been busy at our house making applesauce, dehydrating apples, freezing apples, making Apple Pancake, Apple Crisp, and even baking cookies! I found this recipe in the newspaper this past Sunday, and Rebekah tried them. We really liked them!


Apple Oatmeal Cookies

Here is the recipe:
Beat together:
1/2 cup softened butter,
one cup sugar,
2 eggs,
and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until creamy.

Stir in:
1 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal,
1 1/2 cups flour,
1/2 tsp baking soda,
1/2 tsp baking powder,
1/2 tsp salt,
and 1 tsp cinnamon.

When completely mixed, stir in:
1/4 cup milk
1 finely chopped (we used our hand chopper)
and 1 cup raisins.

Drop dough by the teaspoon onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Enjoy!

Let me know if you try this recipe, we'd love to hear your review!

Proverbs 7:2
Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.


Proverbs 25:11
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a ruling rightly given.


Song of Songs 2:5
Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...