Friday, September 28, 2012

Mom's Apple Cake

This is another great fall recipe that I enjoy making with my mom. Last time we were together, she didn't remember it. I decided to post it on my blog, so we could make it again next time we are together. She made it for us at her home one time in 2006, and we've had it several times since then. I hope you will enjoy it too!


Mom's Apple Cake
Cream together:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup shortening

Add:
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour sifted with:
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Add dry mixture to cream mixture alternately with:
1 cup sour milk
2 apples cut into slices.

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts

Mix together, sprinkle over dough in 9 x 13" pan. Bake one hour at 350 degrees.

Sorry, no pics! Didn't get the chance to bake it this week...

Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings


Proverbs 25:11
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a ruling rightly given.


Zechariah 2:8
For this is what the LORD Almighty says: “After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches theapple of his eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...