Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Eve traditions

I've written before about some Christmas traditions that we have and do each year, but I wanted to post about my favorite Christmas EVE traditions... So here goes!

 We like to have "Christmas" pasta-- red, white and green sauces, with a green salad and bread to begin the evening. I loved my sister-in-law's festive plates!
 After dinner, we attend our church's Christmas Eve service-- a Christmas carol singing and Bible story reading, Candlelit service! It is my favorite service each year. I love, love, love the candlelight lighting up the dim church. I don't like getting wax on my pants, which inevitably happens while holding the 4-year- old! :-D There is something so sweet and simple about the light being passed from one person to another, gradually lighting the dim church, much like Christ came to light our darkened hearts!
A simple candle, yet so beautiful!

After church, we open one gift-- new pajamas! I liked my daughter's polkadot fleece pants that she received this year!

Matthew 2:11
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

1 Corinthians 12:31
Now eagerly desire the greater gifts. [ Love Is Indispensable ] And yet I will show you the most excellent way.

John 1:4
In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...