Monday, February 11, 2013

Music Monday: "There is Joy in the Lord"


This past Wednesday, I was having a rough day. I had overslept, so I didn't get a shower. We were all moving slowly, and it was just one of those days. I asked the Lord to help me find joy in the day, and He gave me this song! I hummed this song throughout most of the day. It was a very good reminder of where my joy and hope comes from-- THE Lord! Later in the day, one of the kids said, "Something smells good." Caleb said, "It's Mom." It was so sweet, especially since I hadn't showered! I love when we are down, the Lord can give us a song, or He will give us some sweet comment to make our day!
I hope you are finding joy in Him today...

*I did meet Cheri Keaggy once when she came to a conference in a local town and sang. I just can't find the picture! She was a sweet gal!*


There is Joy in the Lord by Cheri Keaggy

There is joy in the Lord,
There is love in His Spirit
There is hope in the knowledge of Him
There's a fountain that flows like a river from heaven
Abounding in love to my soul

All blessing and honor are his
All glory and power are His
Let all wisdom and strength
Be the Lord's in this place
Let all glory be given to Him

There is joy in the Lord, there is love in His Spirit
There is hope in the knowledge of Him
There's a fountain I know every time I am near it
My heart overflows to the Lord

[From: http://www.elyrics.net ]

You can listen to this song on YouTube here.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.


Habakkuk 3:17-19

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.


1 Thessalonians 2:19
For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of ourLord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...