Friday, May 24, 2013

Frugal Friday: Infinity scarves

Last week I went to Wal-mart and looked around in the fabric section. I found some nice fabric on clearance and bought it. I was thinking of making a vest like my sister has out of a one-yard piece of fabric, but bought the wrong type of fabric. So today I made it into an infinity scarf!

I used this tutorial, which I have used before. You can see another infinity scarf I made here. An infinity scarf is one that can be wrapped around your neck more than once, not left dangling. I like the way it hangs.

I bought more than one type of fabric, but my machine was acting up and didn't get it finished yet. But summer break is here, so I can work on it later! (And my mom was out of town, so she couldn't help!)


I look forward to wearing it lots! The best part is that it only cost me about $2.00!!


Writing prompt #5: Pinterest inspired! Share something you pinned and actually tried.

Psalm 104:2
The Lord wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent...

Proverbs 30:4
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son? Surely you know!

Mark 15:46
So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I like to wear scarves, because it hides the turkey neck I am developing. I like to wear infinity scarves, because I teach pre-k and am always dragging the ends of my scarves over my poor kids' faces when I lean over the table to help them with their work. Maybe I need to scour the remnant bin and try my hand at making one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a beautiful infinity scarf that is great in so many different styles of wearing it. It is great to learn the different styles of wearing an infinity scarf since it will help you to choose what the best is for the specific occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...