Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day!

image found here
I hope you take a moment to remember those who have gone before us and died protecting our country today. Freedom isn't free! Thank you to all of our soldiers past and present!

Do you know how long Memorial Day has been celebrated in the United States? What was the holiday first called? When did it become a federal holiday? Find the answers here.


Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Psalm 119:45
I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.

Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...