Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My favorites: Green mug

My favorites: Green mug

"Raindrops on Roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things..." (See here for more lyrics)


What are some of your favorite things? I have a favorite mug. It is quite often dirty, being used nearly every day, or every other day. One of my favorite colors, it is a shade of medium green. The shade reminds me of olive green, but is not so yellow. It reminds me of leaves and grass and natural bushes. It is not bright green, but a softer and gentler shade.

I can use it in my left hand (since I am left-handed). It is an earthenware mug from the Elemental series from Pier 1 Imports. It is a dishwasher safe and can be microwave warmed. The edge is not perfectly formed all the way around the mug, but has a slight upward curve on one side.

It has been loved as it has a few chips around the rim. I am careful not to drop it, as I doubt I'd find another that I like as much. It is a small thing, but I like it. It is not a big treasure, but a simple pleasure. Isn't it the simple things that seem to delight us?

Also, this slightly imperfect mug is nearly the same shade of green as the accent wall in our green, red and blue kitchen. I have this strawberry bunting on the wall which I love. It is a nice contrast to the green wall.


What are some of your favorite things? Do you have a favorite mug or glass? I'd love to hear about it!


Genesis 19:19
Your servant has found favor in your eyes, and you have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die.


Genesis 30:27
But Laban said to him, “If I have found favor in your eyes, please stay. I have learned by divination that the Lord has blessed me because of you.”

Psalm 69:13
But I pray to you, Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...