Monday, July 29, 2013

Prayer for Husband's Integrity/ Reputation/ Priorities


Prayer for Husband's Integrity/ Reputation/ Priorities

Several years ago, I read the book Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I really enjoyed the book, and typed up many of the prayers from the book so I could pray them over again for my husband, Joshua. This prayer is part of a blog series on Mondays this summer with prayers for husbands. I encourage you to print the prayers and pray them along with me for your own husband! I hope you will join me in asking God to protect our husbands reputations and to give them wisdom in their daily priorities.

See first prayer here.
See second prayer here.
See third prayer here.
See fourth prayer here.
See fifth prayer here.
See the sixth prayer here.
See seventh prayer here. 


Prayer for His Integrity 

Lord, I pray that You would make my husband a man of integrity, according to Your standards. Give him strength to say “Yes” when he should say “Yes,” and courage to say “No” when he should say “No.” Enable him to stand for what he knows is right and not waver under pressure from the world. Don’t let him be a man who is “always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth” (2 Timothy 3:7). Give him, instead, a teachable spirit that is willing to listen to the voice of wisdom and grow in Your ways. 
Make him a man who lives by truth. Help him to walk in Your Spirit with truth at all times (John 16:13). Be with him to bear witness to the truth so that in times of pressure he will act on it with confidence (1 John 1:8,9). Where he has erred in this and other matters, give him a heart that is quick to confess his mistakes. For You have said in Your Word, “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8,9). Don’t let him be deceived. Don’t let him live a lie in any way. Bind mercy and truth around his neck and write them on the tablet of his heart so he will find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and man (Proverbs 3:3,4).

Prayers for His Reputation

Lord, I pray that (Joshua) will have a reputation that is untarnished.  I know that a man is often valued “by what others say of him” (Proverbs 27:21), so I pray that he will be respected in our town and people will speak highly of him. You’ve said in Your Word that a “curse without cause shall not alight” (Proverbs 26:2). I pray that there would never be any reason for bad things to be said of him. Keep him out of legal entanglements. Protect us from lawsuits and criminal proceedings. Deliver him from his enemies, O God. Defend him from those who rise up to do him harm (Psalm 59:1). Fight against those who fight against him (Psalm 35:1). In You, O Lord, we put our trust. Let us never be put to shame (Psalm 71:1). If you are for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31). 
Your Word says that “a good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire” (Matthew 7:18,19). I pray that my husband will bear good fruit out of the goodness that is within him, and that he will be known by the good that he does. May the fruits of his honesty, trustworthiness, and humility sweeten all his dealings so that his reputation will never be spoiled.
Preserve his life from the enemy, hide him from the secret counsel of the wicked. Pull him out of any net which has been laid for him (Psalm 31:4). Keep him safe from the evil of gossiping mouths. Where there has been ill spoken of him, touch the lips of those who speak it with Your refining fire. Let the responsibility of those involved be revealed. Let them be ashamed and brought to dishonor who wish him evil (Psalm 40:14). May he trust in You and not be afraid of what man can do to him (Psalm 56:11). For You have said whoever believes in You will not be put to shame (Romans 10:11). lead him, guide him, and be his mighty fortress and hiding place. May his light so shine before men that they see his good works and glorify You, Lord (Matthew 5:16).

Prayer for His Priorities

God, I proclaim You, Lord over my life. Help me to seek You first every day and set me priorities in perfect order. Reveal to me how to properly put my husband before children, work, family, friends, activities and interests. Show me what I can do right now to demonstrate to him that he has this position in my heart. Mend the times I have caused him to doubt that. Tell me how to prioritize everything so that whatever steals life away, or has no lasting purpose, will not occupy my time.
I pray for my husband’s priorities to be in perfect order as well. Be Lord and Ruler over his heart. Help him to choose a simplicity of life that will allow him to have time alone with You, Lord, a place to be quiet in Your presence every day. Speak to him about making Your Word, prayer and praise a priority. Enable him to place me and our children in greater prominence in his heart than career, friends and activities. I pray he will seek You first and submit his all to You, for when he does I know the other pieces of his life will fit together perfectly.
--------------------------------------------
What about you? Do you pray for your husband? If not, why not start today?

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Psalm 31:4

Keep me free from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.


1 John 1:8-9
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...