Thursday, December 5, 2013

American Girl class: Felicity#2: Week 6

We had a great Felicity class this week! After we discussed book 6 in the Felicity series, Changes for Felicity, I showed the girls my sampler that I made for my home while teaching the class 2 1/2 years ago. You can see the picture here. I also showed them a ball and cup toy like one in Felicity's Craft Book. Then I read the book Mary Geddy's Day (found on Amazon.com here), about a Colonial girl in Williamsburg. There were several similarities to our Felicity book!

For our craft, we made potpourri sachets. I bought small organza bags to put the potpourri into. In the past, I did a round piece of fabric and a ribbon, with potpourri in the middle. That is a better way to do it, and more like the craft in Felicity's Craft Book. The advantage of the bag was that it was a quick craft, giving us more time to work on cross-stitch bookmarks!

For snack, we were to have lemon tartlets (recipe found here.) There was a small mix-up in the 2:00 class and we had no snack. :(  In the first class, we had lemon cookies, and they were great!

After snack, we worked on our cross-stitch bookmarks again. This was the last day of class for the semester, so the girls got to take them home! Several of the girls completed the three letters in their initials. For parents at home, you can find cross-stitch directions found here. I had my own directions that I printed for the girls to take home too. It was a fun class project, and I hope they will finish them at home!
 Making and smelling the potpourri sachets...
 Snack in the first class...

 Diligently and carefully working on our bookmarks....

 I also had a few girls finish my five semester cycle of American Girls, so I gave them certificates of completion!

 The 2:00 class...
 Potpourri sachets and bookmarks...

 Almost done-- she even started on her heart on the bottom! Awesome job!
 More certificates of completion...

I will miss these girls over the Christmas break! Next semester I will be teaching the American Girl CAROLINE for the first time (along with Josefina)! So I may see some of the girls who finished my five semester cycle again for the new class!

Have a Merry Christmas, girls!

Genesis 8:21
The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

2 Corinthians 2:14-16

But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...