Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DIY: Jewelry Shelf Hanger

Some of my faithful readers may remember my love necklace hanger from this post. While I liked it, I had been thinking for some time that I needed one that had more space than just three hooks. I looked on pinterest and other web sites, and saw one somewhere that I liked... but I couldn't find it when I tried a few weeks later.

My hubby had made this wooden shelf for our old house. I liked the color and stain, but we didn't have a place for it in our new house. It sat in the garage for over three years, when I decided to dust it off and see if it would work. My hubby agreed that it would, and I bought a package of 20 gold cup hooks at Wal-mart (I think we used 18). We placed them in three staggered lines on the underside of the shelf. I had some pretty tea-cups that I had in my kitchen for several years on display. I decided they would look nice on top of the shelf, but they are not glued down. I helped my hubby mount it on the wall next to my dresser, and I am so happy to have more space for my necklaces to hang!
In the tea cups I have charms to necklaces that I change occasionally. I also have a bracelet assister on the shelf (to help put bracelets on with one hand.)


I really love it, and it adds a new taste to my room!

How do you store your necklaces? What kind of hanger do you have? I'd love to hear about it!


Exodus 35:22
All who were willing, men and women alike, came and brought gold jewelry of all kinds: brooches, earrings, rings and ornaments. They all presented their gold as a wave offering to the Lord.

Proverbs 20:15
Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel.

Song of Songs 1:10
Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings, your neck with strings of jewels.

Song of Songs 4:9
You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace.

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. closest pawn shop to me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...