Friday, January 17, 2014

Recipe: Taco Soup

Recipe: Taco Soup

Several months ago, at a MOPS meeting, we discussed recipes at a small group table. There were lots of dinner suggestions tossed around, such as potato soup (which I make and love) and taco soup. That was not a soup I made, so I tucked the note away until I had time to find a recipe. About this time of winter, I get tired of the same casserole and soup recipes that I've been making for two months, and want to try something new. (I may look into other suggestions from that same meeting soon too!)

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com here. I liked it because it is basic and easy. Quick + easy= winner for me!! This recipe is similar to the chicken chili recipe that I make, but different enough to be a new blend of flavors. Our family loved it! (Well, 5/6 of us, but my son doesn't like 3/4 of what I make, so we can't hardly count him in that mix.)


Quick and Easy Taco Soup
Recipe makes 8 servings

Ingredients

1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth (such as Swanson®)

2 (15.25 ounce) cans Mexican-style corn with red and green peppers

2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed

1 (10 ounce) container chunky salsa

1 (8 ounce) package tortilla chips

1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend


Directions

Combine vegetable broth, corn, black beans, and salsa in a pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.

Crush tortilla chips into individual bowls and top with Mexican cheese. Ladle soup over chips and cheese.


It will definitely be one that I will make again! I used regular frozen corn and cheddar cheese as a substitute (since that's what I had) and it was just scrumptious!

Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your review! (Even though it's not an original recipe!)


Proverbs 15:17
Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred.

Daniel 1:1216
“Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink.
... So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

Romans 14:2
One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...