Tuesday, April 1, 2014

New fun, curly haircut!

While we were visiting family, my baby niece's baptism landed on the same weekend as our Spring Break trip. My parents also came to visit, which nearly never happens. We don't usually all visit my sister (and brother) at the same time! Since my mom was in town, she decided I should get an early birthday gift from her (and my Dad) of going to my sister's salon and get a "curly girl" haircut. My most diligent readers will remember my other posts about my curly hair. We do not have a really great curly hair stylist where I live, so my haircuts have been mediocre for a while. (My hubby's been cutting it the past few times and does great! But he's not a stylist...)

It was really nice to go to a stylist that works with lots of curly hair and has been trained to style it. It really is different than cutting and styling straight hair. The gal used great products, explained what she was doing, showed me how to style it better, and trimmed it to frame my face and be sculpted better all around. I love it!
 Look at all of those defined curls! So fun!
 Of course, I did sit under a hood dryer to get it to look like this, and I certainly don't have one of those at home. But I can flip my head over, apply a generous amount of gel from root to tip, clip it where I'd like it to stay, and let it air dry at home (most days). She tried to eliminate some of the weight I have from parting it on the side of my head.
Not the best smile, but I am thrilled with my new 'do! I've had great days with my hair --styling it at home-- ever since! What a blessing! (I feel like I look more like my mom and sister who both have had their hair done there!) My daughter Rebekah had her hair cut and styled too, but I don't have many pics of it. You can see some on her blog here.)

Thanks, Mom!


2 Samuel 14:11
She said, “Then let the king invoke the Lord his God to prevent the avenger of blood from adding to the destruction, so that my son will not be destroyed.” “As surely as the Lord lives,” he said, “not one hair of your son’s head will fall to the ground.”

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Matthew 10:29-31

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Luke 7:38
As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...