Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Chicago trip...

Last week, we flew to Chicago for my Grandpa's funeral. We had a good time seeing lots of family, despite the sad circumstances. I really enjoyed seeing my aunts, uncles and cousins that I had not seen in many years. I also loved seeing my brother and his wife, whom I'd not seen in five years!
 The kids were so excited for us to fly on an airplane, and wanted us to take pictures for them, so this is one at the airport before we took off-- at sunrise!
 In the air above the clouds...
 I am related to almost all of these people, love my big family...
 Me with my sister-in-law at the wake...
 My uncle giving a speech at the funeral, loved hearing his stories!
 My cousin spoke (three of them did, but I only got a photo of two), and he had great "Remember when..." stories that he shared. He cried in part of his touching speech, and made all of us tear up!
 My cousin talked about how she and her daughter visited them a lot in the past year, and the relationship that was forged was quite special.
 Our daughter Rebekah also spoke at the funeral, and she shared some sweet stories that I told her about my Grandpa and her together. She used her iPhone for the speech, such a generation gap! (The others all used paper)
 These are my cousins all together (missing four) after the funeral. So great to see them, love them ALL!
 Our family, missing one of my brothers...
 My brother and his wife brought us to the airport-- loved spending time with them!
Happy to see the Colorado mountains again on the way home!



Proverbs 27:10
Do not forsake your friend or a friend of your family, and do not go to your relative’s house when disaster strikes you— better a neighbor nearby than a relative far away.

Acts 10:2
He (Cornelius) and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.

1 Timothy 3:4
He (an overseer) must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...