Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter banner

Several years ago, I made this WINTER banner or garland, and I really like it! It is sparkly, blue, white and glittery. I like the white and blue, and the contrast it has against my fireplace.
A fun, glittery star/ snowflake on my banner!
Materials:
*Star/ snowflake chipboard shapes (Mine were from Stampin' Up!, you may be able to find some at a craft store)- I used 7 pieces.
*Circle punch or Circle cutter- 2 1/2" circles (6)
*White card stock
*Blue craft ink pad (not dye-based)
*Silver cord
*Build-a-brad, snowflake stamps (optional)
*Rhinestone brads
*Crystal Effects (to make drops/ dots on white)
*Clear beads, to dangle from bottom of each letter, 6 head pins
*Glitter
*Large alphabet stamp set
*Small Hole punch
*Dry emboss snowflake brass set (optional)
One-half of the banner
Directions:
1. Punch out all snowflakes from chipboard that you will use.
2. Stamp them in blue and white craft ink, allow to dry. I embossed mine, and added glitter before they dried.
3. Cut white card stock circles, and stamp W I N T E R on them in blue craft ink. Allow to dry.
4. Punch holes in the top (2)  and bottom (1) center of each circle. Dry emboss snowflakes on circles if desired.
5. Add Crystal Effects and/or glitter to the white circles. Allow to dry.
6. Punch holes in chipboard pieces, so they can hang between letters.
7. Make a hook in the top of each head pin, string one clear bead on each pin, and place through hole on each letter.
8. Add snowflake built brads or rhinestone brads to some of the chipboard pieces.
8. String silver cord through each chipboard piece, letters, and knot the ends. Hang on your fireplace and admire your handiwork!
Showing the head pin and dangling bead...
Showing the embossed snowflake and the Crystal Effects dots...
Left side
Middle
Right side
I know there are lots of steps, but it was fun, and really not too hard. The hardest part for me was waiting for it to dry! ;-D

 Let me know if you make one like this, I'd love to see pictures!

Here is my fall CD banner that I made. Here and here are other banners or garlands that I've made. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...